Benefits of registering for Free School Meals
There are 2 types of Free School Meals:
• Universal Free School Meals – every child from the beginning of Reception until the end of Year 2 is eligible to a hot meal through a government funded scheme regardless of individual financial circumstances. You do not need to apply for this your childs school will make the appropriate arrangements for this.
• Income Related Free School Meals – It is still essential that if you are entitled to income related free school meals you apply, as greater benefits will be received for your child, your child’s school and yourself.
The approval of a Income Related Free School Meals application would entitle your child to:
Free milk - in First, Primary or Special school, milk at break-time will be free for the time the child is entitled to free school meals. The child's school will make the appropriate arrangements for the free milk.
Help with curriculum related residential trips or school visits - The child's school will make the appropriate arrangements for this service.
Help with music tuition and instruments - Parents can claim a refund of £3.00 per session from the costs when 7 of the 10 classes have been attended by the student. The school will make the appropriate arrangements for this service.
The above are not included in the governments universal free meals to children up to Year 2. To access these benefits families must be in receipt of a qualifying benefit and must have an approved Free School Meal claim with Northumberland County Council.
If family circumstances don’t change the claim will already be set up for children entering Year 3. The school will receive extra funding, which will benefit all children
If you are in receipt of the following benefits:
• Universal Credit with household income less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
• Child Tax Credit with NO Working Tax Credit (Income below £16,190)
• Income Support
• Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
• Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
• Guaranteed Element of Pension Credit
• The Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 supported by a letter from the Asylum team
PLEASE APPLY, TO BENEFIT YOU, YOUR CHILD AND YOUR CHILD’S SCHOOL
For more Information contact the Free School Meals Team at Northumberland County Council
Apply Online on the Northumberland County Council Website www.northumberland.gov.uk
Telephone: 0345 6006400
As Headteacher of Morpeth All Saints Church of England First School, it gives me great pleasure to welcome you to our vibrant, caring and happy school. At Morpeth All Saints we strive to enable all children within our care to achieve their very best, fully utilising their God given gifts and talents.Read More of the school welcome page