- To work to improve attendance
- To work with identified individual and groups of students, using regular attendance checks and contact with parents/carers and students to improve levels of attendance.
- To collate information with regard to the attendance of students who may be experiencing attendance difficulties and work with Education Welfare Officer and parents/carers to improve this.
- To ensure all registers are completed and no missing marks or unexplained absences remain.
- To follow School Policy of ‘first day contact’ within the school.
- To check and remind any necessary staff to complete registers.
- To ensure all unexplained absences are accounted for or send letter requesting an explanation.
- To input timely information e.g., trips, sporting events, absence reports etc., and to keep staff updated.
- To check accuracy and correct coding on registers before printing off official registers and filing away on a weekly basis.
- To keep accurate registers daily and explained absences to ensure at hand in event of a fire.
- To follow Attendance policy and send out letters as required.
- To maintain an accurate system for students signing in/out of school.
- To assist and check records prior to the Census to ensure school attendance is accurate and up to date.
- To produce and interpret information relating to attendance patterns.
- To provide updates for staff on student attendance.
- To monitor the attendance of vulnerable groups of students and liaise with the staff.
- To assist with the identification of students who will receive support in improving their attendance record.
- To work with parents/carers and other agencies in improving their child’s attendance record and coordinating parental support and training where appropriate.
- To work with a regular group of students using regular attendance checks and contact with parents/carers to improve levels of attendance.
- To collate, maintain and update attendance data.
- To produce reports for Educational Welfare Officer when required.
- To undertake home and school visits as designated by the school/Educational Welfare Officer.
To view information from the Department for Education, please click on the following link:-