Evaluating the Sports Funding 2014- 2015
This document is an ongoing document which will be updated throughout the year taking into account our monitoring of the PE and Sport at Morpeth All Saints.
To ensure that their strategic plans for using the new funding include clear, measurable targets for improvement
- We have created a PE and Sport Action Plan, linked to our School Development Plan.
- Areas we will focus on include: confidence levels, participation rates/ groups and assessment and impact.
To clearly show how school leaders will evaluate the impact that the premium is having on improving PE and sports provision
- We will evaluate the impact through pupil voice questionnaires.
- Using the school Sports Council
- Monitoring attendance of after school clubs
- Targeting groups of pupils for example through a Change 4 Life club
- Talk to all practitioners involved
- Gather a portfolio of evidence (photos, timetables, organised trips, parental involvement).
To regularly monitor the work of specialist PE teachers and sports
coaches to ensure that their teaching and coaching are consistently
- The PE Co-ordinator to undertake drop in sessions, to monitor interventions.
- Our PE Governor has already completed monitoring for EYFS, KS1 and KS2.
To ensure that the professional development of staff is systematically
planned and tailored to the individual needs of teachers and
- We complete skills audits which then inform professional development opportunities.
- We have continued to be part of Northumberland’s Partnership Offer, this supports our school with staff CPD.
- Please see document ‘How are we using the Funding 2014-2015’.
To monitor the impact of professional development to ensure a
lasting legacy of consistently good teaching of PE
- Lesson plans are provided by Newcastle Community Football Club on a weekly basis for staff.
- Newcastle Community Football Club provide two members of staff. One to support pupils and the second to support staff and their CPD.
- Northumberland Partnerships offer CPD for all staff on a half termly basis.
- Head teacher and PE Co-ordinator conduct lesson observations and staff share good practice.
To identify ‘non-participants’ in extra-curricular sport and provide additional activities to encourage their immediate and longer-term participation in sport and physical activity
- Tracking of after school participation in clubs.
- To set up and run a Change 4 Life club to target ‘non-participants’
To introduce activities specifically aimed at enabling their most able
pupils to achieve high standards in PE and sport
- We work closely with parents and pupils to monitor our ‘highest achievers’ in PE and Sport in school.